Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July 15, 2008: "World must brace for oil beyond $150"

World must brace for oil beyond $150

Every single person is affected by gas prices in America. That is the sad reality. Most people believe that there is nothing that the average person can do about high gas prices. And for the most part they are right. But this article tells how as gas prices rise, people start to use it less and less simply because they cannot afford it. Eventually is we can basically boycott gas enough, the prices will be forced to go down. The writer of this article seems to believe this will eventually happen naturally.
On the other hand, what if we planned it? What if as a nation we didn't buy any gas, at all. Most of us have heard of the don't buy gas for a day plan. But what if we did it for a week? Drive your cars until they run out of fuel and then resort to public transportation. Heck by carpooling we may not even run out of gas. Far fetched, I know. But I wish I knew what would happen.
Now the article is more realistic, people have started using less gas and as time goes on the use of gas will drop to the bear minimum that America can take. But will this lower prices? There will always be a need for transportation and that is why gas prices will never drop because of low demand. Simply, we need to get to work everyday.

The reality is we need to make gas the past. The only way to escape this is to turn to some form of alternate energy. Hybrid cars are very starts of this. The world's fastest growing market is the alternative energy market.

Thank you Alastair Sharp and Yahoo News

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your response on my page, and I decided to come by and try and give some help. My first recommendation would be to use some social groups and bookmarkers to try and increase traffic to your page. Since you are only going to want traffic that wants to be at your page, I would suggest when you look into these social groups and bookmarks to try and find clubs or groups among them that cater to your site. I know for a fact that entrecard, has a news group, which would be great for you. Participate get some credits, this is very important (EXCHANGE SOME LINKS WITH SITES IN YOUR CATEGORY). I would recommend using any credits you gain towards advertising on SIMILAR sites, the purpose of this is to gain visitors that can be retained. I would also recommend using the addthis feature from addthis.com, and signing up for diggs and stumble.
In addition to these programs I would also recommend coming by my site and trying the other free programs available such as (spot, beer hoppin widget, and free 125 banner exchange all found on the top right underneath entrecard), you can do this by clicking on the bottom part of the widget. It will redirect you to their page where you can sign up. These all function similar to entrecards.
The next suggestion I would make would be to submit your site to some search engines and webdirectories(I have a list of a hundred at my site) there is a free toolbar at the bottom of my site.